Live your authentic life.
Gender-affirming hormone therapy from anywhere.
Services & Pricing
Membership provides everything you need to begin your journey or maintain your routine. There are never hidden fees or unexpected costs.
Rx + Supplies
Virtual access to care
Meet Your Care Team
“We work to provide the highest quality gender-affirming care and truly meet patients where they are by dismantling barriers that keep gender-diverse people from living their fullest life.”
Kitty is trans-identified and is one of our patient care coordinators. She has worked in patient relations in healthcare for 22 years. Kitty is passionate about LGBTQ+ advocacy and is an avid performer and participant in drag pageants.
Marc is non-binary and one of our care coordinators. They have worked in customer care for 10 years and have a passion for helping members of their community.
Get Started With Plume Today!
Whether you just have questions or want to start HRT today, we’re here.
The whole process can take as little as 20 minutes during business hours, M – F 9AM – 5PM MST.
Just $99 per month, which includes labs!
Download the app
“My physician was wonderful, I had never been seen by a transgender doctor before, a very uplifting and empowering experience, I had no doubt that she would be able to provide exactly what I needed.”
“Plume made a big difference, I got first blood work, since I’ve been off medicare it has been hard to get blood work. Other services they offer are amazing. The only of its kind.”
“I had 90-day gap, between when my job would start insurance. Since I am not a policy-maker it was easy to misunderstand the plan. Plume made it simple, HRT was covered and I could get on with my life. “
Pay it Forward
Where is Plume Available?
Who is Plume for?
This could include but is not limited to:
- Gender non-binary
- Gender non-conforming
- Gender fluid
- Gender queer
- However you identify!
What if I am not sure if HRT or the Plume membership are right for me?
What services are included in membership?
- Ordering, analysis, and cost of all labs.
- Direct access to your physician, a trans-identified doctor who specializes in gender-affirming care.
- 24/7 text access to your care team and response within an hour during business hours, M – F 9AM – 5PM MST.
- Digital video appointments from anywhere.
- You and your physician will evaluate your goals and establish an appropriate hormone treatment program.
- Your care team will track your progress with quarterly evaluations and adjust treatment as needed.
- Prescriptions for gender-affirming medications as needed sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Letters for name or gender marker change or surgery.
- Connection to resources for primary care, mental health, and more.
IMPORTANT: The cost of hormone medication is not covered by your membership. Hormone medication ranges from $5 – 50 per month depending on medication. Coupons are often available; we recommend Good RX.
Is the cost of medication included in my membership?
Insurance may be used to cover the cost of hormone medication, but not the Plume service. Check with your insurance provider regarding coverage.
Can Plume be my primary medical care provider?
Plume strongly recommends that any patient has a primary care provider to attend to other medical conditions and routine care. We are happy to offer suggestions for a primary care provider that is sensitive to gender diversity/queer identity if needed.
What if I have an emergency?
What if I’m having a mental health crisis?
Those experiencing a mental health crisis should call the Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860 or the National Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
LGBTQ+ youth should call The Trevor Project lifeline at 1-866-488-7386 or visit https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ for additional resources.
What gender-affirming medications does Plume prescribe?
Special note on testosterone: The only controlled substance that will ever be prescribed by Plume is testosterone, which is a schedule III controlled substance. Some states require at least one in-person visit to get started on testosterone, which we will help facilitate if needed.
Download Spruce, our communication app, and we will help get you scheduled.
Does Plume provide letters for name or gender marker changes?
Here are some great resources:
http://www.namechangeproject.org (Colorado only)
https://transequality.org/documents (national database)
https://transgenderlawcenter.org/resources/id (national database)
Does Plume provide gender affirming surgery?
Does Plume provide behavioral health?
If needed, we will help find a local therapist in your area that is competent in gender-affirming care or help connect you with a remote therapist who can be seen from the comfort of your own home via video, text or phone such as:
https://www.pridecounseling.com – queer/trans specific
https://www.betterhelp.com – not queer/trans specific but sensitive
https://www.marigoldhealth.com – not queer/trans specific but sensitive
How do I start with Plume?
- Scroll to the top of this page and select “Get Started Today” to download our communication platform*. You do not need to be a member to download the app and talk with our care team about your questions, needs, or concerns.
- Have a video consultation with your trans-specialist physician to decide if Plume is right for you.
- Together you and your physician will create an individualized treatment plan that works best for you.
- Your physician will send prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice the day of your video consultation.
- We will continue to monitor your progress, check your hormone levels, and other blood tests as needed to make sure your journey is going smoothly. You can contact your physician and care team directly anytime you need.
What is the Spruce communication app and why do you use it?
Spruce is a communications platform made specifically for innovative medical practices. Our highest priority is confidentiality and Spruce allows us to keep your sensitive medical information private and secure. It also makes sure that our conversations are kept private on your phone. Through Spruce you can communicate with your doctor by text, phone, or video chat.
How much does Plume Cost?
What if I already have a gender affirming medication prescription?
Is financial support available?
For surgery-specific financial support around the country, you can apply to Point of Pride’s annual transgender surgery fund, https://pointofpride.org/annual-transgender-surgery-fund/https://pointofpride.org/annual-transgender-surgery-fund/.
How does lab testing work through Plume?
Out-of-pocket labs can range from $150 – $500. You don’t have to worry about that with the Plume membership.
All labs are through Quest Diagnostics for monitoring hormones and other blood tests. They have many lab draw sites throughout the country. We simply place the order and you go to the nearest Quest lab site to get your blood drawn and then we will let you know the results with recommendations via our secure messaging app as soon as they come in.