How Plume works
Membership is $99 / month and includes:
- Ongoing issuing of your prescriptions.*
- Initial evaluation of your goals.
- Ongoing evaluation of progress toward your goals.
- Quarterly blood work to monitor hormone levels. This is essential for tracking your health. We partner with your local Quest lab to conduct blood work.
- Convenient messaging with your care team from your smartphone.
- Talk with your provider via text. No phone trees or long appointment wait times.
- Letters of support for surgery, name change, or gender marker change.
- Rx sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Access to resources and referrals for surgery and behavioral health.
- No gatekeeping.
We are cash-based, which means that insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid do not cover the cost of membership.
*The cost of medication is not covered by your membership. Out of pocket, gender-affirming medication ranges from $5 – 50 per month depending on medication. We recommend Good RX for coupons. Insurance may be used to cover the cost of hormone medication, but not the Plume service. Check with your insurance provider regarding coverage.
Schedule an Appointment
There are two reasons to schedule an appointment: To sign up for a Plume membership or to discuss with a medical provider if HRT or Plume are right for you. Scheduling is easy! Just tap “get started” at the bottom of this webpage and download our secure communication app. You will be guided through our medical intake process that helps prepare your medical provider with important information about who you are, your health, and goals. After you schedule, we will connect with your care team to answer any questions you have.
Your Care Team
Your care team is composed of your medical provider, care coordinators, clinical manager, and the product team who is always working to incorporate your feedback to improve your patient experience.
Plume’s medical providers are all trans-specialists, allies, and many are trans themselves.
Your care coordinators, clinical manager, and product designer are all trans. They are your community and show up to support you 7 days a week.
The Chief Medical Officer is Dr. Jerrica Kirkley (she/her), a trans woman and board certified in Family Medicine. She has provided gender-affirming care (GAC) in various clinical settings and is the author of a GAC protocol implemented by health systems across multiple states.
Your First Appointment
Your first appointment is a video call from the convenience of our secure communication app. When you schedule your appointment, you will be guided through our medical intake process that helps prepare your medical provider with important information about who you are, your health, and goals. Your appointment will focus on your needs and developing a treatment plan with your provider.
No more lengthy office visits! Instead of waiting for appointments, you can message your care team and medical provider instantly using our secure communication app. Seriously, send us a message ANYTIME with your questions, concerns, or needs. Your care team will get back to you ASAP during business hours.
Communicating With Your Care Team
Plume makes it easy to talk with your medical team. Your care coordinators are available through our secure communication app Mon – Fri 8AM – 6PM MST and Sat – Sun 9am – 5pm MST. We will respond ASAP during business hours.
Our goal is convenience and affirmation.
- Whenever you have a question, concern, or need, simply message your care team.
- Blood work is essential to track your health. The cost of labs are covered by your membership. We partner with your local Quest lab to conduct quarterly blood work.
- Your medical provider reviews your labs and communicates the results and any recommendations to align with your goals.
- If your goals shift at any time, message your care team and your treatment plan will be reevaluated.
- If you need letters of medical support for name change, gender marker change, or surgery, just ask and we’ll have it for you within a week.
- Your team will work to connect you to referrals and resources for surgery and behavioral health.
- Live your best life.