Gender-Affirming Care for Diverse Organizations
Gender-affirming hormone therapy for your diverse team.
Offering Inclusive Benefits Helps Build a Diverse Workforce
Hiring a diverse workforce is competitive
At Plume, we believe healthcare should be easy, convenient, and center on the unique needs of the trans community. Our mission is to improve the healthcare of every trans life. We’re starting with providing life-saving gender-affirming hormone therapy (GAHT).
- Inclusive Teams make better decisions 87% of the time*
- Inclusive teams drive decision-making 2X faster with half the meetings
- Inclusive teams improve decision team results by 60%
- Companies with more diverse management teams have 19% higher revenues due to innovation
- In a survey of 1,000 respondents, Glassdoor found that 67% of job seekers overall look at workforce diversity when evaluating an offer
- By 2025, 75% of global workforce will be made up of millennials, 74% of whom believe their organization is more innovative when it has a culture of inclusion
- Millennials are likely to stay nearly twice as long than their average 2.8 year tenure at a company that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion
Plume helps companies create spaces supportive of trans people.
Did You Know?
Insurance coverage is varied at best, many trans people do not have insurance, and denial for coverage is frequent. Those that do have coverage still need to find an available physician and a safe environment. Of our active patients that recorded insurance status, a majority have insurance and opt not to use it.
of trans people desire hormone therapy
are harassed or denied care in physicians offices
report teaching their physicians how to care for them
purchase hormones off of the black market
In other research over 50% of the trans community has paid for HRT out of pocket and 47% of the LGBT population living in the U.S. states as of February 2020 live in states where transgender exclusions in private health insurance coverage is permitted.
By Trans People,
for Trans People
“My care team was wonderful, I had never been seen by a transgender medical provider before, a very uplifting and empowering experience, I had no doubt that she would be able to provide exactly what I needed.”
“Plume made a big difference, I got first blood work, since I’ve been off medicare it has been hard to get blood work. Other services they offer are amazing. The only of its kind.”
“I had 90-day gap, between when my job would start insurance. Since I am not a policy-maker it was easy to misunderstand the plan. Plume made it simple, HRT was covered and I could get on with my life. “