Cost of Plume compared to out-of-pocket and insurance
While it is our mission to bring safe(r), convenient, expert, and affordable care to as many folks as possible we know that Plume is not the right solution for everyone. While we are more affordable than many options, we are not always going to cost less. It’s our hope that this cost comparison will help you decide if Plume is right for you.
There are limitations to these estimates. While we based comparisons on national averages, there are a few things to be aware of:
- With Plume, there are no traditional follow-up visits. Instead, you text us your questions any time and we text your lab results with recommendations. No waiting for appointments.
- Doctors unfamiliar with the international clinical protocols for standards of trans care often request too many or too few labs and/or appointments, which greatly affect annual cost of care.
- Prices for local clinics vary dramatically from state to state.
- The cost of medicine (Testosterone, Estrogen+, etc.) in the comparison is an average based on medicines purchased with coupons which are readily available. The cost of medicine can vary by uptake method and dose.
- We made the assumption that Gold+ insurance covers all appointments, labs, and Rx.
- We did not include the valuation of your time. Plume saves you the time spent on appointments, travel, and waiting.
Please note that we do not accept insurance for our monthly fees. Remaining a cash-only practice allows us to be innovative and cost-effective in providing the care that folks want in the most convenient way possible. Our service is eligible for Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and we can provide guidance on how to use funds appropriately. Insurance may be used to cover the cost of hormone medication. Check with your insurance provider regarding coverage and our FAQs for answers to more frequently asked questions.