Sr. Manager of Accounting
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to medication and products for the trans-community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans-life and our first project is to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible via a smartphone in every state of the US.
We have received seed funding from top-tier venture funds and are rapidly expanding: we now are available to over 1 million trans individuals and have built a team that is over 50% trans. We want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey. We are intentional about hiring queer/trans individuals to make this an organization by and for queer/trans folks but we are open to all applications.
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. For the right people, we are a rare opportunity to do well by doing good. We offer an affirming, trans and queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and occasional silliness.
- Lead the real-time and monthly financial close activities for multiple entities, including technical accounting and operations related journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare financial reporting information for quarterly results with the CEO, the leadership team and the Board
- Analyze, optimize and implement effective internal controls and processes across all aspects of the organization and identify processes to accelerate close timelines and increase efficiency
- Conduct all aspects of the AP process including but not limited to using bill.com and corporate credit cards
- Ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings
- Partner with Director of Operations to analyze all key cross-functional business operations processes and improve automation and efficiency across the organization
- Assist Head of Operations in planning, budgeting and authorizing expenditures as well as maintenance of the financial forecast model
- Work with the Head of People and Culture on people payroll functions including review, approval and appropriate controls, benefits oversight, and compliance
- Research key corporate practice of medicine accounting rules and regulations and ensure they are fully implemented within the company
- BA/BS or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Certification
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a high-growth technology and/or healthcare company
- History of implementing automated, efficient processes across a geographically diverse company
- An absolute comfort level with being an individual contributor whose day-to-day work will span all aspects of accounting operations
- Outstanding tax knowledge of local, state and federal regulations
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Role will report to the Head of Operations and collaborate with all parties across the Operations team
- We use agile development framework in 2 week sprint cycles
- Touchpoints are weekly team syncs, daily standups (when appropriate) and as needed 1:1 with relevant team members and founders
- 120K USD annually, DOE
Join us. Make a difference in trans lives.
Help us shape the future of gender-affirming care in an environment that encourages you to show up and thrive with us as your authentic self. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org