Head of Culture and People
Scope of Work
- Own all people operations processes including performance review cycles; compensation reviews and planning; benefits administration; legal and regulatory compliance as it relates to employment etc., and as we scale ensure that we evolve our processes appropriately.
- Develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- In partnership with hiring managers, run our recruiting and talent acquisition activities including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote a collective and shared experience.
- Foster spaces where challenging but needed conversations can occur in regards to experiences of oppression and trauma to help create a shared understanding of our collective lived experiences.
- Be the trusted advisor to the CEO, CMO and extended leadership team, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
- An experienced people operations executive with 5-10 years hands-on experience across the full range of human resources functions.
- A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company.
- An excellent project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies.
- A supporter and advocate of diversity and inclusion, anti-racst principles, and frameworks of intersectional experience. Experience working in diverse communities.
- A natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- A highly ethical individual with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- A deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters. Knowledge of California and U.S. employment laws and regulations required.
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus.
- Prior experience at a rapidly scaling tech startup is a plus.
- We prefer Denver-based individuals but currently have a partially distributed team and are open to remote work in US time zones.
- Role will report to Head of Operations.
- We use agile development framework in 2 week sprint cycles.
- Touchpoints are weekly team syncs, daily standups (when appropriate) and as needed 1:1 with relevant team members and founders
Join us. Make a difference in trans lives.
Help us shape the future of gender-affirming care in an environment that encourages you to show up and thrive with us as your authentic self. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org