DevOps Security Engineer
Plume is hiring a seasoned, technical, strategic, and collaborative DevOps Security Engineer to lead our product vision and help us build the future of gender-affirming healthcare. We ’re a community-first brand dedicated to making gender-affirming healthcare accessible to every person. Our first project is a direct-to-consumer gender-affirming hormone therapy service for patients seeking Estrogen and Testosterone.
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to medication and products for the trans-community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans-life and our first project is to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible via a smartphone in every state of the US.
We have received seed funding from top-tier venture funds and are rapidly expanding: we now are available to over 1 million trans individuals and have built a team that is over 50% trans. We want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey. We are intentional about hiring queer/trans individuals to make this an organization by and for queer/trans folks but we are open to all applications.
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. For the right people, we are a rare opportunity to do well by doing good. We offer an affirming, trans and queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and occasional silliness.
- Collaborate with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a highly secure, self-sustaining healthcare ecosystem
- Support engineering in implementing and improving automated pipelines and deployment services
- Implement, manage and maintain our cloud infrastructure and ensure our cloud deployments are always secure and robust
- Develop skills, technical capabilities, and methods to deliver the best cyber defense capability to protect IT assets from cyber threats, attacks, and exploitation
- Maintain situational awareness of meaningful cyber defense initiatives, indicator lists, threat reports, incident response techniques, and cyber defense technologies to ensure that cyber defenses are effective and incorporating the best protections
- Develop key monitoring program working internally and with 3rd party partners on monitoring of key security & information protection controls
- Develop, implement and monitor Endpoint Device Management policies and procedures
- High collaboration with the rest of the technology organization to understand the strategy and balance between security / protection and end user experience
- Provide critical input into the selection, configuration, and implementation of new and existing security technology solutions
- Provide technical and device support to non-technical team members
- You live and breathe all things security and have 3+ years of demonstrable background in building and maintaining highly secure cloud-based systems
- Experience working in a regulated industry. Strongly preferred: experience adhering to standards such as HIPAA, PCI etc.
- Problem solver with strong analytical abilities, and the ability to identify patterns
- Obsessed with logging, monitoring and alerting
- Fast thinker and a solid decision maker
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members and explain complex concepts in an accessible way
- Highly organized and have the ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, a self-starter and a great communicator
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to drive issues to resolution
- We prefer Denver-based individuals but currently have a partially distributed team and are open to remote work in US time zones.
- Role will report to the Head of Engineering and Analytics and collaborate with all parties across the team
- We use agile development framework in 2 week sprint cycles
- Touchpoints are weekly team syncs, daily standups (when appropriate) and as needed 1:1 with relevant team members and founders
- 110K+ USD annually, DOE and level
Join us. Make a difference in trans lives.
Help us shape the future of gender-affirming care in an environment that encourages you to show up and thrive with us as your authentic self. Reach out to us at email@example.com