Plume is hiring a seasoned, technical, strategic, and collaborative Backend Engineer to help us build the future of gender-affirming healthcare. We ’re a community-first brand dedicated to making gender-affirming healthcare accessible to every person. Our first project is a direct-to-consumer gender-affirming hormone therapy service for patients seeking Estrogen and Testosterone.
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to medication and products for the trans-community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans-life and our first project is to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible via a smartphone in every state of the US. We have received seed funding from top-tier venture funds and are rapidly expanding: we now are available to over 1 million trans individuals and have built a team that is over 50% trans. We want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey. We are intentional about hiring queer/trans individuals to make this an organization by and for queer/trans folks but we are open to all applications.
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. For the right people, we are a rare opportunity to do well by doing good. We offer an affirming, trans and queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and occasional silliness.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with the Product Team and Head of Engineering; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by via flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis then recommending changes to policies and procedures
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at scale
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Be passionate about great technologies
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Provide technical and device support to non-technical team members
- 3+ years experience in API development in a high-volume environment
- Proficient in Go and AWS Lambda
- Passion for creating software and learning new concepts, languages and approaches to software development
- Experience working in an environment where security and data privacy are paramount. Experience in environments adhering to standards such as HIPAA, PCI etc. would be desirable.
- Problem solver with strong analytical abilities, and the ability to identify patterns and deliver secure and scalable solutions
- Obsessed with logging, monitoring and alerting
- Inquisitive, a fast thinker and a solid decision maker
- Ability to clearly communicate with non-technical team members and explain complex concepts in an accessible way
- Highly organized and have the ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, a self-starter and a great communicator
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to drive issues to resolution
- We prefer Denver-based individuals but currently have a partially distributed team and are open to remote work in US time zones.
- Role will report to the Head of Engineering and Analytics and collaborate with all parties across the team
- We use agile development framework in 2 week sprint cycles
- Touchpoints are weekly team syncs, daily standups (when appropriate) and as needed 1:1 with relevant team members and founders
- 110K+ USD annually, DOE and level
Join us. Make a difference in trans lives.
Help us shape the future of gender-affirming care in an environment that encourages you to show up and thrive with us as your authentic self. Reach out to us at email@example.com